The Traction Plus is truly a world class product designed to finally close that gap between the track/tarmac and simulation with a product and experience like no other motion simulator before it.
The sliding concept and technology has only ever been seen before in the highest level professional race teams often with budgets in the hundreds of thousands of dollars or in many cases over million dollar budgets.
The Traction Plus was designed and developed in collaboration with a world class motion engineering team to deliver an unrivalled motion experience. To achieve the ultimate realism and precision this has required completely unique technology and engineering with a product designed from ground up over 4 years that includes over 2000 components.
The platform has been designed and developed purely for simulation rather than just using commercial actuators and adapting to simulation. The Traction Plus is incredibly more than just a rear traction loss system and designed to combine with the V3 motion platform to provide a ground breaking motion simulator experience.
The Traction Plus moves the whole cockpit and delivers both understeer and oversteer in the most realistic and precise way possible.
Based on feedback from professional drivers during product development the understeer component of a motion platform which is usually only found in 6DOF systems is absolutely critical in accurately and precisely simulating the vehicle. Feeling both understeer and oversteer the platform can be used effectively for driver/racer training particularly for cornering and rally, feeling what is happening with both rear and front of the vehicle. Even the differences between rear wheel drive, front wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles can be felt with the precise feedback delivered through the Traction Plus platform. The Motion Platform V3 and Traction Plus combine to provide accurate vehicle feedback for front wheel lock up meaning you will feel vibration as well as front of the vehicle sliding out of the corner when too much brake pressure is applied. (also applicable for rear wheel lock up depending on vehicle bias)
The Traction Plus combined with the Next Level Racing® Motion Platform V3 provides incredible levels of vehicle feedback to the driver to feel exactly what the vehicle doing by precisely delivering:
- Understeer and front traction loss – (critical feature usually only experienced in 6DOF motion platforms)
- Oversteer and rear traction loss
- Power slides and drifting
- Partial Heave
- Vehicle and Road effects such as road surface, bumps, wheel lock/spin, gear changes and more
- Shunting effects (to feel side impact contact from opponents/wall
Traction Plus can add further realism by allowing the pilot to feel the behavior of the aircraft more precisely.
As with the Motion Platform V3 that’s had professional aviators including: airline, private, military, and flight training institutions and universities, the Traction Plus can add further realism by allowing the pilot to experience the flight characteristics of the aircraft more realistically.
The Pitch and Roll axis simulation from the Motion Platform V3 is augmented with the Traction Plus to provide the third axis of Yaw to generate an incredibly genuine sensation of flight.
The simulator also replicates the motions of landing gear operation, combat/cannon fire, ground movement, turbulence, and crosswind effects and can be paired with augmented reality/VR to create an unparalleled level or realism. Smoother rudder operation can be trained effectively with the combination of yaw and pivot.
Whether it be for fun, training, or for professional development, the Traction Plus will surely be an important instrument for any aviators journey.
The design, engineering and technology of the Traction Plus is completely groundbreaking
You will expect the same level of quality and durability with this product as found with the Motion Platform V3. Designed and manufactured completely in Europe and powered by MotionSystems, the Traction Plus platform is a world class product. Also keeping the home user in mind, painstaking engineering has been performed to not only set a benchmark in performance but also make sure the Traction Plus (like the Motion Platform V3) is the quietest motion platform in its class with the smallest footprint possible.
These are not just another actuator solution that have simply adapted actuators to be used for simulation. These are both products designed, engineered and manufactured from ground up purely for advanced simulation and professional applications being able to precisely deliver feedback to the driver or pilot.
As with the Motion Platform V3 The Traction Plus is a product designed for a customer to be able to assemble and setup in their very own home themselves without needing to have a technical background. The Traction Plus platform comes with clear assembly instructions making setup simple for even a beginner.
Our Advanced Software
The Traction Plus comes complete with click and play Next Level Racing® Platform manager software specifically made for the V3 and Traction Plus platforms using telemetry data to give the most realistic and accurate profile cues. This is professional grade software developed by world leading motion engineers ensuring absolute precision in delivering feedback from the game, without lag, in real time. Whilst being professional software it’s designed to be used by even a novice with simple to use dashboard to start your game and being able to change all settings at a click of a button. For those users that do like getting more hands on with each setting the profiles for the platform are highly customisable.
Having strong relationships with software developers that are behind racing and flight titles this allows constant updates and compatible titles being added to the Next Level Racing® Platform manager as new games are released.
Events, VR & Commercial Use
The Next Level Racing® Traction Plus platform combined with VR is simply an incredible experience for both racing, flight or even amusement software for Rollercoasters or speedboats! Some of our favourite titles include Assetto Corsa®, Dirt Rally®, iRacing®, Project Cars® and Xplane®. For VR companies developing their own software, SDK is available at an extra cost. The SDK allows 3rd party software integration and adding motion for customised VR projects.
Reliability & Customer Support
The Next Level Racing® Motion Platform V3 and Traction Plus Platform have been engineered using world class motion engineers and manufactured with premium technology and components to give you not only a world class product but one that is reliable and built to perform.
The Next Level Racing® motion support team will offer dedicated support for the platform and a future Next Level Racing® Community Forum will allow users to share settings, profiles and tips with other users around the world as well as be kept up to date with the latest software updates.
Customers can expect the same level of service, reliability and constant software updates experienced with the V3 Motion Platform
With world class engineering and quality, the Traction Plus is backed by a 2 year consumer warranty and 1 year commercial warranty for commercial applications.
- Power Source : 4A/115VAC, 2A/230VAC
- Rated Power : 321W
- Protection Class : I
- Max Payload : 235Kg or 518lbs
- Ambient Temperatures: -20° to +60°C
- Full Performance Temperatures : +5°C to +35°C
- Direct bolt on to all Next Level Racing® GTtrack & Flight Simulator Pro cockpits
- Product Weight – 108kg or 238lbs
- Product Dimensions – 112 x 165 x 13 cm or 44 x 65 x 5 inches
- Boxed Dimensions - Box 1 & 3: 115 x 54.5 x 14 cm or 45 x 21.45 x 5.5 inches
- Box 2: 68x 50 x 22.5 cm or 26 x 19 x 8.8 inches
- Boxed Weight
- Box 1: 46kg or 101lbs
- Box 2: 26kg or 57lbs
- Box 3: 46kg or 101lbs
- Part Numbers - NLR-T001A, NLR-T001B, NLR-T001C
- Led lights with customisable effects and colours
- European manufacturing
What’s in The Box
- Next Level Racing® Traction Plus Motion Platform
- Next Level Racing® Platform Manager software download
- USB and power cables including ferrite core
- Nuts and Bolts required for assembly
- Product Manual
- Adaptor plates to bolt your Next Level Racing® GTtrack or Next Level Racing® Flight Simulator Pro cockpit (coming 2019) directly to the Traction Plus platform
- Next Level Racing GTtrack
- Next Level Racing Flight Simulator Pro (coming 2019)
- Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3 (Traction Plus is designed to combine with the V3 motion platform to provide a ground breaking motion simulator experience)
- Other brand or DIY cockpits - As we experienced with the Motion Platform V3, many customers also have the ability to create custom adaption to their cockpit and with the Traction Plus we expect to see the same with mounting holes on top of the platform that users can adapt to use with their own cockpit.
- As with the Motion Platform V3 we do plan to release adaptors for other brand of cockpits